ERA non-financial support for third-party initiatives
ERA can grant “non-financial” support (e.g. in the form of an official letter signed by the President) to initiatives of third parties, provided that there is a majority favourable Council vote, based on the following minimum requirements and procedure:
1. The project or proposal must be scientifically valuable or educationally significant, and deal with kidney or related topics;
2. It must be submitted by an ERA member;
3. Due visibility must be given to ERA if the support is granted;
4. Still, if the support is granted, ERA will grant the project visibility in a dedicated area of its website;
5. A small committee (President, Secretary-Treasurer, and Renal Science Chair) will be in charge of screening the proposals and submitting the valid ones to the Council for final approval.
6. The following form needs to be filled in in order to receive this non-financial support.
SPECIAL CASES (unbranded materials produced by or with the full support of a company)
1. These requests do not have to be submitted by an ERA member and there is no specific form to be filled. These requests must be made directly to the ERA Headquarters;
2. The small evaluation committee in charge of screening the proposals and submitting the valid ones to the Council for final approval should be: President (for political weight), the Renal Science Chair (content) and the Clinical Governance Chair (again content);
3. The approved content will be placed in a specific section of the ERA website dedicated to awareness (i.e. patient, Kidney Health Awareness Days, etc.);
4. The ERA logo cannot be placed on the company website (but it can be used on non-company/branded websites) instead ERA will provide a direct link from its website (see the point above) to the initiative.
Last update: November 2021