I. List of invited guests (from 120 to 150)
- Congress President;
- Congress Secretary (if any);
- Chairman of the Scientific Committee;
- Council of ERA;
- Council of partner National Society or Other Society in case of a Joint Congress;
- President of the next Congress;
- Honorary Members;
- Past Ex-Officio Officers of the ERA Council;
- Awardees granted at that specific Congress;
- Speakers of plenary lectures (including the Welcome Ceremony);
- Chair of the Paper Selection Committee;
- Chair of the CME Committee;
- Chairs of all ERA WGs and Committees;
- The Registry Managing Director and as well as the staff that wishes to participate;
- ASN and ISN Presidents;
- Editors of all ERA Journals/Publications;
- ERA Staff that wishes to participate.
Other guests chosen by the local Congress President and the ERA President (total max. 10 invitees, with their accompanying persons, each for a final total of 20 pax).
IMPORTANT: When there are confirmed elect officers/chairs/Council members/Editors, etc. for roles that are normally invited to this dinner, they must be invited as well.
- The ERA President and the local Congress President must wear their respective chains with the medal;
- At the beginning of the dinner the local Congress President says a few welcome words (3-5 minutes). Any VIP (Honorary Members, past officers, etc.), local Organising Committee member and/or national Council member, present at the dinner, must be mentioned at this time;
- There is no pre-seating EXCEPT for the Presidential table where the ERA President and the local Congress President will select the people sitting at this table (4 couples each, for a final total table sitting of 20 pax). The tables for the staff will be placed at the sides of the setting, thus not in the middle (where the Presidential table will instead be located);
- Between the main course and the dessert, and AFTER the tables have been cleared, a few minutes are dedicated to the following (the ERA President will be in charge of this):
- Thanking the local Congress President, the PSC Chair and the SC Chair;
- On his/her own or together with the Secretary-Treasurer and/or the Renal Science Chair, the ERA President will hand over the diplomas and gifts (if any) to the following people (if applicable):
- Ordinary Council members ending their term;
- Chairs of all the ERA Working Groups and Committees ending their term;
- Local Congress President.
5. If applicable, the ERA President will hand over the ERA Presidential chain/medal to the new ERA President;
6. The local Congress President will give his/her farewell to the audience and hand over the local Congress President chain/medal to the local Congress President of the following ERA Congress.
Last update: June 2022