The ERA has a profile on the following Social Media: Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram and YouTube.
The ERA Social Media profile links are:
- Twitter – https://twitter.com/ERAkidney
- Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/EuropeanRenalAssociation/
- LinkedIn – https://www.linkedin.com/company/europeanrenalassociation/
- Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/erakidney/
- YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/c/ERAEuropeanRenalAssociation
I. General Social Media Rules
- All Social Media users can follow ERA on the Social Media listed above.
- All users can like, comment and share the ERA posts and tweets.
- Comments and replies to ERA tweets and posts, and other users’ comments under ERA tweets and posts, must be done with respect, education and with constructive criticism.
- It is strictly forbidden to publish offensive, illegal, disrespectful, hateful and otherwise inappropriate comments, tweets and posts.
- The ERA reserves the right to remove comments, tweets or posts it deems, at its sole discretion, to be inappropriate and that do not follow these Social Media rules.
- ERA does not necessarily share the views of the authors of the articles/materials that it posts on its Social Media.
IMPORTANT: The ERA does not offer medical advice on Social Media. Information in all its publications, including its website and Social Media, is of a general nature and should not be used for the diagnosis or treatment of specific individuals. ERA cannot engage in correspondence of any sort about such matters. ERA also cannot recommend or provide information about where, or from whom, to obtain healthcare services. For any medical problem or advice, a doctor or other appropriate healthcare professional should be consulted.
II. Congress/Meeting special rules
Each Congress/Meeting has an official Hashtag.
The ERA encourages delegates and participants of the annual Congress to publish and share tweets and posts related to the Congress and the Scientific presentations within the above-mentioned rules with particular attention to the following:
- Pictures and videos can be generally taken during scientific presentations, for personal use only, and can then be used on Social Media. The commercial use of pictures and videos taken during the annual ERA Congress is NOT allowed.
- If a speaker does not want pictures, videos and information regarding his/her presentation published on Social Media, he/she should clearly declare it before and during the presentation. In this situation, participants are not allowed to take pictures and/or videos of the presentation and then share them on Social Media. Furthermore, they are also not allowed to share any kind of scientific information related to the presentation.
Last update: May 2022