The ERA has three prestigious Awards which are bestowed upon outstanding clinical and basic science investigator members of our society:
- Award for Outstanding clinical contributions to nephrology and/or dialysis and/or transplantation
- Award for Outstanding basic science contributions to nephrology and/or dialysis and/or transplantation
- Award for Research excellence in nephrology (clinical or basic science)
The nomination is open to all ERA members who can submit proposals for outstanding colleagues who could be nominated. Nominees must be ERA members.
Please keep in mind that for the Research Excellence Award there is an additional requirement: the candidate must be between 41 and 60 years old in the year of the nomination.
All nominations must be accompanied by recommendation letters which must clearly specify:
- the category of the Award (Clinical contribution, Basic Science contribution or Research Excellence) of the supporting candidate;
- the candidate’s H-Index calculated using the Web of Science;
- the candidate’s scientific achievements.
In case of questions about the procedure, feel free to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The call for nominations for the 2024 ERA Awards is now open!
We invite you to propose names of outstanding colleagues who could be nominated. Nominees must be ERA members.
Nominations must be submitted electronically no later than December 20, 2023 (midnight CET).
ERA Awards for Young Investigators
The Awardees will receive the “ERA Awards for Young Investigators”, named after one of the three Nephrology Masters, which consists of a prize of EUR 10,000.00. Furthermore, the winners will also be invited guests to the next 61st ERA Congress (Stockholm and Virtual, May 23-26, 2024). They will receive free accommodation, travel and congress registration. They will also receive a plaque and a diploma. Finally, the winners will receive three years of free ERA membership and, automatically, become Board members of one of the Board of an ERA Working Group of their choice.
Candidatures are open to all YNP Members (40 years old and younger at the time of receiving the Award; an extension of the age limit can be considered if the applicant’s career has been interrupted due to childcare or severe illness; in any case this extension cannot exceed 2 years) who are also ERA Full members and:
- at least 5 first/last author papers in kidney research-related studies (renal medicine) Journals;
- oral presentations at international conferences to present their own data;
- an accepted abstract at the ERA Congress.
Discover all the ERA and ERA-EDTA Awardees from 2011 to 2023