I. Committee composition and election procedure
- The ECC will have 7-10 members, a Chair, a Vice-Chair, the Editor of NNF (Nephrology News Flash), the Social Media (SoMe) Team Leader and 3-6 Ordinary Members.
- All members must be ERA members.
- All members must be knowledgeable and active in electronic communications (website, social media, etc.).
- The Chair must be elected by the Council following an open call. A specific template for the candidacy must be used. The term of the Chair is three years and can be renewed only once for an extra three-year term.
- It is the Chair who suggests the names of the Vice-Chair and the Ordinary Members to the Council for formal acceptance.
- The term of the Vice-Chair and the Ordinary Members is the same as the term of the Chair (= three years + an eventual other three-year terms).
- Once a Committee member has served two terms, a minimum break of three years before applying for the same Committee is required.
- During elections/voting held within the Committee, in case of an equal number of votes, the Chair has the casting vote.
- Normally, to facilitate a smooth transition, one year before the end of the Chair’s term, a new Chair should be elected. The newly elected Chair will then take office once the current Chair’s term ends.
II. Duties of committee members
- The ECC is responsible for overseeing the electronic communications of the ERA, this includes the SoMe activity and the ERA website and all its various sections/pages.
- The ECC is also responsible for the SoMe team.
- The ECC is supported in its activities by the ERA HQ.
- The ECC Chair must give an annual report to the Council.
- Communication among members of ECC will normally be organised via the Internet. There will be a face-to-face meeting at the annual congress and the option for one further face-to-face meeting during the year. Additional virtual meetings can be arranged, on an ad hoc.
- For the rules regarding the reimbursement policy for ECC committee members who participate in face-to-face meetings, for example, organised at the time of the annual ERA Congress, one must refer to the General Rules for ERA Committees.
- Diplomas for ECC committee members. For this matter, one should refer to the appropriate section in the General Rules for ERA Committees.
- All ERA ECC publications, if any, and initiatives must clearly mention the fact that the ECC is an official body of ERA. The sentence approved by Council related to this matter is: “This article (to be adapted accordingly) was written by (to be adapted accordingly) on behalf of the ERA ECC which is an official body of the ERA (European Renal Association)”.
The ECC is responsible also for:
Last update: February 2023