Easy, 1 hour
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Yields: 6-8 people
Recipe submitted by Serena Tassi on behalf of Società Italiana di Nefrologia
About this recipe
Ribollita is the recovery dish of excellence of the Tuscany culinary tradition. It is a poor dish based on bread and vegetables of the autumn season.
- 200 g cabbage
- 200 g black cabbage
- 200 g beets
- 1 potato
- 1 carrot
- 1 celery
- 1 onion
- 4 tablespoons of tomato sauce
- 350 g precooked beans
- 40 g Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- 8 slices of Tuscany bread (unsalted bread)
- 1 L of vegetable broth
- Extra virgin oil, salt and pepper to taste
Calories per serving
- Peel the potato. Cut the potato, cabbage, black cabbage and beets into strips after washing them and place them in a pot of water to boil for 20-30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, fry the onion in a pan with 3 spoons of extra virgin oil.
- Add celery and carrot cut into cubes.
- Add the beans after having drained them from the storage water and washed let them a flavour for a few minutes.
- Drain the vegetables and add them to the pan with beans.
- Cover with a litre of vegetable broth.
- Add the tomato sauce and cook for another 30 minutes.
- When cooked add salt and pepper to taste.
- Toast the slices of bread, put them on individual plates, pour the soup and season with extra virgin oil and Parmigiano Reggiano cheese.