Frankfurt Green Sauce
Easy, 20 minutes
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Yields: 4 portions
Recipe submitted by Sabine Echterhoff on behalf of the German Society of Nephrology
About this recipe
The original Frankfurter sauce is served with jacket potatoes and hard-boiled eggs, over which the sauce is added. The season of green sauce begins on Maundy Thursday and extends into autumn.
- 200 g fresh herbs (for example, parsley, chives, chervil, cress, pimples, borage, sorrel, lemon balm, tarragon, lovage)
- 250 g sour cream or crème fraîche
- 400 g natural yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 2 tablespoons oil sugar, salt, pepper
Calories per serving
- Wash herbs, shake dry and pluck from stalks.
- Finely cut with a knife.
- Mix sour cream, yoghurt, 2 tablespoons of oil and 1 tablespoon of vinegar.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Stir in the herbs.
- Cover in the fridge for several hours.
- Season again with salt, pepper and a pinch of sugar.