Maccheroni with meatballs (with protein-free ingredients)
Easy, 45 minutes
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Yields: 2 people
Recipe submitted by Serena Tassi on behalf of Società Italiana di Nefrologia
About this recipe
Pasta with meatballs originates from regional Italian cuisine, in particular from the cuisine of southern Italy. it is a family dish that is handed down from generation to generation.
- 30 g of celery, carrot and onion
- 30 g peeled tomatoes
- 160 g protein-free maccheroni or 160 g normal maccheroni
- 120 g lean ground beef
- 2 egg whites
- 10 g extra virgin oil
- Aromatic herbs to taste
Calories per serving
Calories (normal pasta)
Carbohydrates (normal pasta)
Lipids (normal pasta)
Phosphate (normal pasta)
Potassium (normal pasta)
Protein (normal pasta)
Sodium (normal pasta)
- Brown the onion, celery and carrot with the oil, making sure they don’t burn.
- Add peeled tomatoes and a little water to the sautè and cook for 20 minutes.
- Separately, bring the water to a boil and cook the pasta for the cooking time indicated on the package.
- In another pan, boil the minced meat then drain the cooking water.
- Add the meat with the egg whites and the aromatic herbs and form small meatballs to be cooked in the previously prepared sauce.
- Drain the pasta and dress it with the mixture.