White bean stew with meat
Medium, 60 minutes
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Yields: 6 people
Recipe submitted by Siren Sezer on behalf of the Turkish Society of Nephrology
About this recipe
White bean stew with meat is rich in vegetable and animal protein. It is also easy to cook. It is one of the first Turkish traditional food that comes to mind when asked. It may be served with rice as a side dish. There are even some traditional restaurants which only serve white bean stew in Turkey. Vegetarians may not add meat, but it is still tasty.
- White beans: 1 3/4 cups (300 grams)
- Water: 5 cups (1 litre)
- Onion: 1 large sized (100 grams)
- Meat on the bone: (300 grams)
- Oil: 4 tablespoons (40 grams)
- Tomato paste: 2 tablespoons (20 grams)
- Red pepper: 1 dessertspoon (2 grams)
Calories per serving
- Wash the white beans, soak them overnight in 3 cups of water, and then add them to the pressure cooker.
- Peel, wash and finely chop the onion and add to the cooker with the meat, oil, tomato paste, salt and red pepper.
- Add the rest of the water, stir and cook for 30 minutes.